Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why does my computer think my DVD-writer is a CD-ROM drive??

I have had my computer for over a year. Ive used the DVD writer drive many times and with many different programs. I keep my computer up to date and have great virus protection and firewall. But recently for no reason, my computer reads the DVD-writer drive as just a CD-drive. I have tried updating, uninstalling reinstalling, system restore, etc etc. Im using the right disks, everything. Basically it just reads it wrong. I mostly use it to make DVD movies with Windows Movie Maker and never had a problem before. But now I receive an error message stating the disc format is not supported even though Ive used it before. When I look in Windows Explorer when there is no disk in there it identifies it as DVD-RW. But when I put the correct disk in it identifies it as CD-Drive. Yet when I copy one DVD onto another DVD it works fine! And on top of all this, when Ive finally just given up, it works again! It has a mind of its own. Any advice or solutions would be great!



Why does my computer think my DVD-writer is a CD-ROM drive??viruses



maybe its time to just spend 50$ on a newer/better dvd writer?



Why does my computer think my DVD-writer is a CD-ROM drive??antispam



Sounds like somthing might be wrong with the hardware itself. Try checking the manufacturer's website for solutions or if your computer is still under a warranty or a service contract, contact the computer manufacturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment