Sunday, August 23, 2009

Computer repair question?

My question is about either getting a new computer or getting my old one fixed. I have a laptop. You see, my old one has a lot, I'm talking, a lot of virues on it, it was all because of some pop up that I accidently clicked on and it decided to download and add a bunch of crap to my computer that I didn't want. Plus, my screen is kind of broken. It wiggles, it only stays in one certain spot, it doesn't move like its supposed to. My computer has also become very slow lately too. My computer is three years old. It's not that old but it really sucks now. It's been dropped to many times too. Should I just get a new computer or use that money and fix it but would it be worth it? Also, for everyone who reads this watch out for a popup called WinAntiSpyware2007, funny isn't it, that an ANTI virus protection caused the virus. Just thought I would warn you. Any help would be great by the way.



Computer repair question?free anti virus



These guys did a good job in telling you how to clean the scumware from your machine. Now you just need to fix the screen. If it is just wobbling then it is easily fixed. Look along the bottom of the screen and you should see some small plastic panels on each side. Take a small screw driver and gently pry up on the and it should expose the hinge area. There you will find anything from allen screws to philips screws. Take them out one by one and put a drop or two of Loc-tite thread locker on it and replace each one, one at a time. As you get to the end you will find the hinge has tightened and almost as good as new. Then come back and post a question on how to remove a bunch of unwanted programs that run in the taskbar that does nothing but bog the machine down... Or you could do a search for it on here and aviod the wait for a good answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment