Friday, August 21, 2009

How can I uninstall Norton Innternet Security?

I am running Windows XP on a Dell laptop and it came with a free trial of Norton internet Security. The trial has expired and I rarely use the internet from the laptop, so I don鈥檛 want to renew it, but every time I start up the laptop I get a message saying that my protection is outdated and I should shutdown the computer. I tried to solve the problem by uninstalling Norton and I could only get rid of some of it 鈥?the main parts come up with a message saying that I need to be logged in to Norton as an administrator to remove it. Now, I cannot access any internet sites. I am able to connect to the internet %26 ping, but explorer won鈥檛 let me go to any sites which (I presume) is because of security. I turned the security to low and turned off the firewall, but no luck. Any ideas? How can I get rid of Norton?



How can I uninstall Norton Innternet Security?internet



click on start /controll panel/add remove



click on the nortons in the lust then click remove tab



How can I uninstall Norton Innternet Security?network



Re install Norton re boot the computer then un install it from add remove menu.
go to the registry be very careful you can waist the whole os if you make the wrong move in there. to do this go to the start menu click on run type in regedit,once there click on edit,find type in norton delete the hilighted continue doing this till you get a message saying through searching the registry.If you have 1 you dont have permission to delete you can change that as well. If you would like feel free to IM me for future help hardworking_ct@yahoo.com
start



control panel



add/remove programs



norton and remove it all.



That will do it for ya
to totally remove Norton use the link below



But Norton would have changed the default firewall settings - SO you will have to look at these settings



;
for around $60.00 you can get a professional computer whiz to do it check around and see who does Dell repairs and they will help you ..have you called Dell?

No comments:

Post a Comment