Friday, August 21, 2009

Any reason for me to switch to a Mac?

I have a ton of experience with the Windows platform and have my computer running XP completely fine with all the latest/best updates/protection.



Is there any reason for me to switch to using a Mac/Linux OS?



Any reason for me to switch to a Mac?internet security 2006



Mac and Linux have much less software available and they have less viruses but that's most likely because not enough people use them to make it worthwhile. However if you want a Mac if you have the money why not just buy one and use both computers rather than choosing between one or the other. As for Linux well you could install it on the same computer and dual boot but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have some idea what you're doing because when I deleted a Linux partition it left a Linux bootloader I didn't know how to work.



Any reason for me to switch to a Mac?microsoft



Macs are easy to use but they do have their limitations. There are some things you can't run on a Mac that you can with Windows, but you can get a program called Virtual PC that lets you run both the Mac OS and Windows at the same time - just make sure that you have a computer which is capable of this.



The main reason to use a Mac would be for graphic design or editing typing work. If you are only switching over for games or word processing than you best off sticking with the Windows as there are limited games on Mac and the ones you can buy tend to be more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment