Friday, August 21, 2009

Can someone help me with some sneaky adware?

I recently got bombarded with malware from some internet explorer exploit. As soon as this happened, literally hundreds, if not thousands of various trojans, spyware, and adware were immediately installed on my computer (this included some real nasties, and also rogue antispyware programs like BraveSentry. For about a week, I couldn't even get into Windows (through normal mode, safe mode, or any other means). I had to boot to one of my dad's old hard drives just to run the recommended anti-malware/virus scanner programs on my drive. So far I've run AVG, PC Tools, SuperAntiSpyware, and A-squared (free versions all updated with current definitions), but I still have some sneaky adware lingering on my computer somewhere. I know this because frequently when I open a new Mozilla Firefox window (I'm not using IE anymore since this happened), it opens popups in internet explorer, along with other processes which begin to execute. PC Tools Onguard protection finds some of these processes.



Can someone help me with some sneaky adware?microsoft office



I have great luck with Spybot S%26D and Ad-Aware. You can download both from download.com



Can someone help me with some sneaky adware?norton antivirus



try to delete all temp intrnet files
I had almost the SAME thing happen to me, and I tried so many different things~here is what ended up working for me: there is a file called "roguescanfix" that I used and it cleaned everything right out. It helped me, so it is worth a shot I think. Just follow the link below to download it, and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY so you don't mess anything up. Good Luck~oh and depending on how many corrupt files you may have to run it twice. Hope this helps!!
Visit an online forum that specializes in helping people clean cr@pware off of their computers. Two good ones I've worked with are Spyware Warrior (www.spywarewarrior.com) and AumHa Forums (aumha.net). They are both FREE and volunteer-staffed and have knowledgeable people around, so either one would most likely be able to help. If there's another forum you know of that you'd prefer to work with, that's fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment