Friday, August 21, 2009

Can someone tell me how to fix my internet explorer 7?

i cant right click in the internet window, i cant dowload anything and my tools menu has disappered. My computer id running very slow and freezes up sometime and i cant access sny of my virus protection software or download any new ones. Can some one please help me



Can someone tell me how to fix my internet explorer 7?kawasaki



Chances are that it has been corrupted. You may want to consider running a System File Checker (SFC). This can be run in Safe Mode should you prefer. To get into Safe Mode either hold down or tap the F8 key repeatedly while the computer is starting up. To run SFC go to:



- Start



- Run



- Type in sfc /scannow (include the space before the " / ")



It may prompt you for the appropriate operating system installation disk. If that is the case, then you know that you definitely have file corruption or something missing. Insert the disk if prompted.



Don't surf or run anything while SFC runs. After it is completed, reboot your computer.



One of the major culprits in missing or corrupt operating system files is running a registry cleaner or optimizer. They can flag important shared files for deletion or cleanup. Another cause is malware.



======================================...



Before running any registry cleaner, always ensure you back it up first. If the registry cleaner you are using doesn't have that function, you can do it manually.



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

No comments:

Post a Comment