Friday, August 21, 2009

Is Norton the same company as Symantec? If not what is their relationship?

As a BT option 2 subscriber I automatically receive Norton security protection and any warnings that come on screen reveal themselves under the Norton logo. Following a recent firewall re-configuration, however, I was prompted by SYMANTEC to carry out one of their system security checks. The result of this check showed that my computer was vulnerable to a particular type of trojan horse and that to solve this problem I should download an upgrade ( apparently free ) of Symantec protection software.



I did not download this software because I do not understand the relationship between Norton and Symantec and, as a consequence, I may have downloaded protection software that was incompatible with that being provided by Norton under the BT option 2 package.Can anyone enlighten me ?



Is Norton the same company as Symantec? If not what is their relationship?malware



Symantec is the name of a software company. This company makes a program called Norton Antivirus.



Is Norton the same company as Symantec? If not what is their relationship?norton 360



Symantec is the name that created the Norton Anti-virus. So, everything you update on your Norton is from Symantec.
Yes, they are the same or one is a division of or something but what I need to say is please don't use it! Don't count on them for any protection. I lost everything! It is crap! Anybody with computer knowledge will tell you not to expect Norton to protect a darn thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment