Friday, August 21, 2009

I need good spyware protection, what program? from where?

My computer is spitting out warning messages left right and center that someone is accessing my computer and that I have spyware. They are obviously ads but how do I get rid of them, they are slowing everything down. I have Windows xp 2002 professional



I need good spyware protection, what program? from where?free anti virus



I suggest that you use Ad-Aware and SpyBot. They work well together, but Ad-Aware won't do an active scan.



It actually works out well, because, even though you have to run Ad-Aware independently, it won't interfere with SpyBot, and while they catch some of the same things, they each catch things the other misses.



I need good spyware protection, what program? from where?internet security software



Tenebril's Spycatcher Express is a free anti-spyware program. it has an active monitor that helps prevent spyware from going into your system.



go here: http://www.tenebril.com/downloads/
Excellent advice can be found in the article Ten Tips to Preventing Spyware and Spam at http://policedownload.net/report/spyware



Their ten tips:



1. Install Firefox



2. Install Anti-Virus Software



3. Use Anti-Spyware Software Regularly



4. Don't Use Microsoft Outlook

No comments:

Post a Comment