Sunday, August 23, 2009

My computer is constantly crashing and has been for months now: I need serious help please?

For months now (many of them) my PC has been crashing after about only 2 or 3 minutes of web surfing. The whole operating system crashes often and if that doesn't happen, the screen will freeze, leaving nothing operable.



I have asked this question on many forums but no one can help so please please can anyone here help? Im in dire need of PC assistance.



i run windows xp home edition on an Intel Celeron system.



I can only use the PC in safe mode as of the last year or so and the last few months of the year, my OS constantly crashes in Safe Mode too



The last 3 months or so i have noticed this harbinger to a crash...the system will come up with a small error box on the screen saying Protection:45 and upon clicking OK, the PC 8 times out of 10 crashes (whole OS).



I have always been of the impression that my modem (as hardware) is causing the issue) as when it is not connected, the PC doesn't crash.



My connection line is fine but i think the modem itself might be the cause



My computer is constantly crashing and has been for months now: I need serious help please?download



Why don't you buy a new modem and try again? They're really cheap.



Otherwise, I'd suggest you format the hard drive and reinstall your OS (Make sure you have all your disk b4 doing this though!).



I'd install each piece of hardware bit by bit (Starting with the modem) and see what causes the machine to crash. You don't say how old the machine is or how much memory you are using etc. Did you buy the system with XP installed or did you upgrade?

No comments:

Post a Comment