Sunday, August 23, 2009

Help me please, my computer has taken on a life of it's own?

all of sudden my computer has set some kind of antiviral homepage for me and let my put it back to yahoo.i have scanned the computer several times and it keeps saying that there were no viruses of any kind( i have pc cillan)but i still thought that maybe if i go ahead and download the "free trial" my compter would go back to normal,but pc cillan warned me that the website that is offering this free spyware etc. protection is a very dangerous website and does nothing but gives you the viruses;what can i do?should i reset my computer to a certain date and if so how do i do that? i have windows xp.



Help me please, my computer has taken on a life of it's own?hijack this



System Restore:



Start---%26gt;All Programs---%26gt;Accessories---%26gt;System Tools---%26gt;System Restore



Try and choose a date before this happened if you can remember.



Also try this: Tools---%26gt;Internet Options---%26gt;Advanced.



Scroll down underneath where it says Browsing, and un-check the box that says Enable Third-Party Browser Extensions, then Apply, and Close. Restart IE.



Cheers



WARNING: Regedit will NOT solve this problem, stay away from it entirely!!!



Help me please, my computer has taken on a life of it's own?liveupdate



You're most welcome. If you got your home page back, but still running slow, do a complete system scan at the following URL:

No comments:

Post a Comment